Communicate, Prepare, Show Up and Have FUN!
● Bring your positivity, patience, teamwork, excitement and creativity.
● Communication is key.
➢ Provide email and cell # for planning & collaboration purposes.
➢ Communicate your availability with your teacher and lead/manager ASAP so they can schedule Art Smart and as flexible as possible. Share relevant info
(ex: travel, due date, etc.)
➢ Stick to your commitment. They’re counting on you.
o If you must cancel on a commitment, give as much notice as possible
so that the others can adjust accordingly.
● All projects must be practiced by volunteers beforehand (lead especially).
Have your own kids try it out!
● LEAD or MANAGER: Meet with your classroom teacher early-mid Sept. to determine Art Smart dates & times for the year. Come prepared with your calendar and the list of all volunteer availabilities.
● Agreed upon schedule put on school-wide Art Room Calendar for the year (subject to change if needed). Volunteers ensure dates are on their personal calendars as well, to avoid volunteer no shows/cancellations. Communicate foreseen conflicts as soon as they are known.
● If using Rotating Leads, please assign leads in advance for each Art Smart date.
● Project choice lies in the hands of the lead docent, but collaboration is always encouraged.
● Materials verified & prepared in time for each lesson (delegate: ask all docents for help).
● Leave the room as clean or cleaner than when you left it. We are all busy.
We are all volunteers.
● Remove finished projects from the art room and put on bulletin board within 3 days.
● Do not hand back student projects until after Art Night. (Decide where they will be stored with teacher beforehand.)
● Bulletin Board decorated. Feel free to get creative with each lesson or put something up that can last the year. Should include the “Art Smart” name, Lead Docent & Volunteer Names, Grade & Teacher. Method for repeat hanging recommended.